What are the advantages of a
Southwestern Wisconsin Education?
- Excellent curriculum opportunities: SWSD offers more math/science/foreign
language classes than any school in the area. In addition, advanced
placement and college preparatory classes are available over the SRTNC long
distance interactive network. Southwestern elementary students score above
the state average in Wisconsin State Standard Testing.
- Class size advantages: SWSD offers classes of 15:1 students to teacher
- Technology opportunities: SWSD offers one computer for every three
students in Southwestern schools! Computers operate on a LAN/WAN network
that is Internet and e-mail accessible.
- Co-curricular/extra-curricular offerings: SWSD offers forensics, musicals,
foreign language clubs, in addition to football, volleyball, basketball,
gymnastics, softball, cross-country, baseball, golf, and wrestling.
- Safety plan: the SWSD has an approved safety plan that is administered in
a disciplined environment.
- The SWSD received a national award for what Fortune 500 company employees
are looking for when relocating!